
And the results are in....
THE GARDEN HAS SURVIVED AND THRIVED!
Status update: ZINNIAS
After the big big storm in June we lost one of our window boxes of Zinnias to an enormous branch. Daddy recovered one and today we have 1 ZINNIA open. It's still growing, but the girls were SO excited to discover the flower and show it off.
Status update: GARDEN
The garden is amazing! We have enough basil, parsley and cilantro to supply a couple families. I guess I went overboard. Lesson learned. Next year, less basil for sure!
Our GREEN BEANS are growing - we've let the girls pick a couple just to test them out. *Verdict = the girls loved them, we thought they needed more time to ripen. :)
Tomato Plants are HUGE! We've had to cage them, which we'll do from the start next year. Lesson learned - hard to cage growing plants.
*Verdict = 10+ cherry tomatos growing on both plants. 5 Big boy tomatos on that plant and about 3 on our Celebrity tomato plant. Pretty exciting - I just hope they don't ripen while I'm on vacation.
Cucumbers grow like WEEDS. We caged them and are SO glad we did. They've climbed the cage and are keeping out of our other plants. So next year we'll do the same thing! Glad we looked into that and listened to our neighbors on the advice to cage them.
*Verdict = we're going to have a BUNCH of cucumbers. Who wants a couple when they are available in, August I'm guessing??
We have 3 red peppers growing, 2 green peppers, 1 anaheim pepper as well!
Here's the pictures of everything!
The garden, the green beans and the cucumbers are shown in pictures...



And finally...
SUNFLOWERS update:
The sunflowers some how survived being crushed by an enormous branch in the June storm... and about a week later when I was ready to rip them up, we came out one morning and all of them were standing up again! Talk about resilient!!
They are at least 2 feet tall - we didn't measure. We'll do that the next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment