Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just sharing...

Here's an awesome blog of recipes that I came across recently...

http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/

Just made her Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies (to me they look like Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies)... and they were AMAZING!

Yes, there is cocoa in these cookies - so this is the first time since October 25th that I've had any amount of chocolate. And I have to say I didn't crave more. I ate my serving and they were FABULOUSLY delicious... but I was able to stop there.
The next day all I could think about was those cookies. I didn't eat them for breakfast but I wrapped them up and brought them to my MOPS group. All 90 cookies gone and out of my house! I find I do better eating well when the temptation isn't around.
Each year I make something for my MOPS group. 2 years in a row I dipped over 120 strawberries - but after a major snow storm the second time around that resulted in my driving chocolate covered strawberries to every person I could get too I decided to try something simplier.

The recipe from this blog for Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies was perfect! Its a little messy to make when rolling, but I just took breaks (made a double batch and made the cookies half the size so got around 50 per batch instead of 24) and let my dough chill really well before rolling out another batch for the oven!

So if you need some Valentine's day inspiration these cookies were DIVINE~ plus she did a WHOLE WEEK of Red Velvet recipes so there are plenty of other yummy ideas!

Enjoy! And have fun preparing for Valentine's day.

We have another big day coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment