Friday, March 30, 2012

Linking up...

Today I'm linking up to Kelly's Korner... she's helping all Moms of Multiples link up today!

http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/

So here's a little bit about our pregnancy/birth story as I've never shared it on here before.

Hubby and I were married not even one year when we found out we were expecting. Little did we know that a week after our 1st anniversary we'd find out it was not one but TWO babies! To say I was shocked is an understatement. Both my mother and husband were there to find out... which prompted my mom to have the fab idea of heading off to BabiesRUs. After about 5 minutes of hearing her say "Just think Cait, 2 of EVERYTHING" I ran for the door and told them it was time for lunch.

We had a great pregnancy aside from a car accident and kidney stones. The girls did great - beating up my ribs and stomach. Causing major heartburn along the way. There were those moments of fear when we couldn't hear one heart beat or the other, thankfully only due to one blocking the other from front to back.

For the 36 week appointment I headed in alone as hubby was at work. We'd been having contractions from 30 weeks on so I wasn't really feeling anything different. At the appointment my doctor did an ultrasound to check growth from the week before and felt that it was their time to get on out of them! Hallelujah!! Since the doctor I saw that day was the one I wanted doing my c-section my only question was when he could do it. His answer was either today or thursday. Since Thursday was Valentine's day and didn't want to give the girlies a holiday birthday - I said "See you tonight!"... called my hubby and said come on home we're heading to the hospital to have the babies in a couple hours.

By the time we arrived at the hospital I was in labor - so it turned out to be perfect timing!
Linnea & Signe joined us a 5:50 and 5:51pm at 5lbs 0z and 18inches, 4lbs 15 oz and 18inches long respectively.

We've had a crazy wonderful busy 4 years and are so happy for our happy girls!
Wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. aw! look at those cute little blonde girls! what a beautiful family you have!

    i found you through Kelly's blog...i'm your newest follower. nice to 'meet' you. our twin girls are 3 yrs old. :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jill! LOVE the outfits your girls have on in your blog family picture!
    wonderful to 'meet' another twin mom and excited to start following your blog!

    caitlyn

    ReplyDelete