Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday!








On this day, 5 years ago, two little bundles joined our lives. And they've never been the same. Fun, laughter, giggles, smiles, frowns, joy, and a multitude of other blessings have abounded.

At 5 years old, Linnea is 42lbs & 43 inches and Signe is 41.5 lbs and 42 inches. Your vocabulary is huge and your attitude matches it. We see all sorts of personality shining through and most of it is wonderful. You play so well together and have the same interests in arts (using tons of tape to decorate our walls), dolls, pretend, puzzles, building, iPad & leappad stuff too!

 Lately Linnea is going through quite the strong-willed phase and Signe is enjoying rubbing it in when she is listening and Linnea is not. Oh the joys of parenting. 

You both LOVE school, art and gym are probably tied. This year you have talked non-stop about the friends you have made... Krislinda, Juaquin and Max are the forerunners for fake phone calls! And usually include platitudes of "I love you" and "you're my best friend."

While you continue to be great eaters, you know and love having your one treat a day! And you plan it out WAAY ahead of time.

Your new activities this year have included swimming lessons and gymnastics. You have flown through each of the stages of swimming and are like little fish in the water! Gymnastics is a blast... mostly you both like the trampoline and jumping into the pit. Most of the time we see you picking wedgies while in class. If only I could catch it with the camera. 

Linnea, you say the word "GREAT!" about everything... good or bad. If I say time for dinner, you say "GREAT", are ready to go onto the next activity it is "GREAT". You say it so seriously, Love it.

Signe, you LOVE saying "ACTUALLY", "EXCUSE ME MAMA," "may I tell you something?" 

Both of you are responding well to having speech therapy in preschool and enjoy working with Ms. Mickey. It has helped to clear up your sound, slow you down a little too. We're still working on it but more and more are we able to understand what you say. 


You say way to many cute and funny things for us to keep up. I wish daily that I was better at writing it all down. But life is busy and I just take a million pictures instead. Thats more my speed. 

Love you. We are so happy to be your parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment