Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Confessional Post


Hello. My name is Caitlyn. And I am a binge eater of all things chocolate-ly, candy, cookies, muffins, cake, frosting... you name it and I've eaten it (that is without nuts since I'm allergic and all). Often I eat those things for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then there is snack time and dessert time. That old saying that "Dessert is spelled with 2 's' because you always want seconds" - or however it goes - well that saying just doesn't quite cover it. So in an effort to control my serious over eating of all things yummy, I have gone NO SUGAR for 3 days now.

3 days without sugar treats is like torture. Monday was pretty much withdrawal day. Seriously I needed, craved, lusted after chocolate. Commercials of sweets was torture. Pure torture. By Tuesday even having honey in my tea felt like I was cheating because it tasted SO GOOD! And today - I actually feel a little bit of control. Granted I still want chocolate... there was a commercial for cake mix on t.v. and well - I nearly went to the kitchen to make one! But I did well today. And I'm kinda proud that I've gone 3 days without sweets.

3 days without sweets and I've even been cutting back on my carbs. By carbs I mean all things bread and pasta. If there was a fresh loaf of bread in my house (which there will be at holiday time) I would eat the entire thing. In one sitting. And not even feel bad that I didn't share. Well, okay I share. But the girls and hubby get a slice or two and I devour the rest. So it has been 3 days of no sweets and cutting carbs.

I am by no means dieting. Nor am I encouraging anyone to do this with me. My dear sweet friend tried. She was wonderful enough to txt me half way through her first day and tell me she fell off the bandwagon but was getting back on by eating a carrot! Oh and today, she calls to see how I'm doing and she was eating Bon-Bons at the same time!! The horrors!!! But I am persevering and I'm determined to make it through until Halloween. That will be one week with out sweets. Truthfully I feel like this was crazy and slightly delusional to try before Halloween. Today the twinners did the costume for candy thing at MOPS and tomorrow they do it at Preschool! So far though I have not given in to the sweetness of the Kit-Kat bars in their bags from today.

So there it is friends. I am addicted to all things yummy, sweet and good. And I'm taking control and eating vegetables! Seriously I added a salad to every day for the last 4 days (and believe me that does NOT do a good job of substituting for my sugar cravings) and I'm trying to do all the servings of fruit and vegetables. Tonight we had....BROUSSEL SPROUTS! Yuck. Maybe I'll like them eventually. But it is not today.

Today I have gone 3 days without sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment