Friday, January 20, 2012

Licensed Truths!


I have not had chocolate since October 25th!
If you know me, you know this is rather amazing. And if you've read my last post about eating healthy and what not, then you know I've stuck with it. AND not only have I stuck with it but I've lost somewhere around 14lbs. Before saying 'goodbye' to chocolate and 'hello' to eating healthier, I never thought it possible to give up eating chocolate. Not to beat a dead horse about it, but every year for many years, we would come close to lent and I'd feel like it was maybe time to give it up. Because I knew it wasn't so healthy for me and just maybe I could do it. BUT I NEVER DID. So finally, one fed up day in October, fed up with my terrible eating habits and my lackluster approach to my health, I got it right.

On a silly note, I have FINALLY reached the weight that I lied about on my drivers license for years. Only now, my license has the weight I really WAS because last time I renewed my license I felt like I should be honest with myself. GRR!

I beat the habit. Kicked the chocolate that had been a crutch for me. In times of stress, sadness, upset, turmoil, happiness, bliss, excitement, parties or for no reason at all, chocolate was my crutch. NOW, I am becoming a much healthier stronger version of Caitlyn. So let's call me Caitlyn 2.0.

In the time since giving up my addiction (and I don't use that word lightly), my faith life has BECOME by life. There are times my faith spills over abundantly into my daily life and I am so thankful, grateful, blessed and more enriched by this. Prayer is my lifeline. No longer chocolate. I don't need to hide praying, as I did my chocolate. A new goal is to be the parent that God knew I could be, which is why he blessed me with the children I have. So I'm finding my truths in the Lord now. This girl is going to make the bible her best friend! It'll take time, but I'll get there. I am a better wife. I've gained some self control that I'd lost.

Here are some truths...

"We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are." Romans 3:22

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken" Psalm 55:22

"This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" 2 Corinthians 5:17


No comments:

Post a Comment