My sister had the best image to describe my Mormor's morning...
"When Mormor entered Heaven this morning I'm pretty sure Papa J was playing "Amazing Grace" on the banjo!"
Anyone that knew Papa J had heard him on his banjo. That or you've had his hardtack. I could often be found skipping the beach for an afternoon with my Papa J, his banjo and his Model A car. The very best memory I have of being with Papa J is a trip he and I took in the maintenance yellow truck, with a moped that needed fixing. He told me about Jesus the whole trip. Made me want Jesus to be my best friend and its a memory I go back too often.
Mormor was the sweetest. She encouraged me often, especially on my trips to see her during my college years. And she's the one that had me going to sing in the Sunday Volunteer choir each week. Last time I sang up there she was in the crowd. My summers and time with her were so special. She always had a hug to give. And popsicles in the freezer. I have many memories of trips that included a Wendy's frosty.
So today, I celebrate my Mormor. I'll miss her and remember her always. But my heart is happy she's with Papa J again. And home with the Lord.
Oh, Cait! I don't really know what to say... I only met her once, but your Mormor was a beautiful woman and awesome example for Jesus. I'm so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDelete