So on October 24th I quit chocolate! You can read about it here. From that moment until Feb 18th I went without chocolate. Now that first time, well it was my sweet twins 4th Birthday and I had been dreaming, salivating for that Chocolate Cake with Buttercream frosting that I had ordered for them.
Their party arrived and that slice was finally in front of me. It was a little like a party in my mouth and on my taste buds!
BUT... it wasn't the heaven I thought it would be. While yes, it was amazingly delicious it wasn't all that I remembered. Then again, the chocolate that I usually over ate was in the candy form such as Kit Kats! So I was and AM really proud of myself to eat that cake and not EAT too much of it.
Occasionally the sweets taste oh so sweet. But the longer I go without chocolate and overindulging on treats I feel like I'm in control of what I'm putting into my body. And I'm feeling healthier and stronger.
From October to today, April 25th, I have lost 22 pounds. This was not my intention. But the first 10 lbs dropped off in the first 4 weeks from giving up chocolate. Let's just not even calculate how many extra calories I was eating in chocolate and candy. Seriously, if you think about it - WOW and YUCK!
The last 10+ lbs have dropped away slowly. I guess when you start eating the right servings of fruit and vegetables (getting LOTS of variety), getting a healthy amount of milk, protein, nutrients & vitamins... well your body finds the normal weight for your body. Since Oct 25th there hasn't been a day that I've skipped a meal or had more than a serving of the stuff on my plate (carbs) that I shouldn't. Those extra servings I take are off the veggies and fruits, proteins. And I have snacks that I've learned to love... popcorn, cheese and crackers, veggies and hummus, raisins and dried fruits, and other things. If you have some great healthy snack ideas please send them my way. I also made granola recently, AMAZING with yogurt!
This doesn't mean that I don't have dessert occasionally. About once a week sometimes twice. But it is vanilla soft serve, fruit with cool whip, angel food cake and things along the like. And again, I don't do more than a kids size cone which too me is probably PLENTY of a serving.
My hubby jokes that I should have taken a before and after picture. But I don't need it. All I know is that when my parents visited my mom and I went shopping!! For clothes, bathing suits and new bras. (I'm down 3 pant sizes 28 to 25, about an 8 to a 2/4 - thats where I stored all my extra calories, an area easy to hide... and down 1 cup size, and let's talk BIKINIS!!) Because this new body of mine, the one that disappeared when I got married and had kids, is back.
That's right, I AM BACK. And to stay. This is a lifestyle change.
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment