Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Got APPLES? Must bake.


WHAT TO DO WITH DEM APPLES!

Doesn't this look amazing? And it did! Thanks to Cooking Light: Quick Baking from November 5th, 2010. This is their Apple-Cinnamon Coffee Cake - and it seriously delicious warm out of the oven! Easy to make - about 15min of prep (or less if you don't have a 'helper' that is 3.5yrs) and it bakes for 45min. SUPER easy!

Are you hungry yet?


Recipe taken from Cooking Light, Quick Baking, November 5th, 2010
dry:
6.75 oz all purpose flour (about 1.5 cups)
1 cup sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5tsp grnd cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
wet:
3/4 c 1% milk
2 TB butter melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, slightly beaten

1 cup diced apples (baking/tart apples)
cooking spray for the 8x8 dish

streusel:
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 TB all purpose flour
1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
2 TB chilled butter, cut into small pieces

1.Preheat to 350 degrees.
2. combine wet into dry until just moist
3. fold in apples
4. pour into pan
5. top with streusel
6. bake 45min at 350 or until a tooth pick comes out clean

2 comments:

  1. I will have to send you my Mom's apple crisp recipe. It is so yummy and use a lot of apples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet send it my way - you'd like apple crisp is fool proof at this stage in my life when I've made it a million times... but last time I made it I didnt cook it long enough and the apples were still way to crisp!! I'll happily make it!

    ReplyDelete