Tuesday, June 21, 2011

GARDENING: Stage 6




Gardening: Stage 6
Are those....PEPPERS!


We've got peppers, red peppers that is. Though right now they are green and fairly small... but they are there all right! The girls were so excited - even though they don't like peppers. It was a 'I see it, let's pick it right now' kind of moment for the twinners. So we attempted the discussion of how things grow all over again, the whole planting, water, growth, ripen, THEN pick - cycle of things.

On another gardening note, our tomato plants are HUGE! Which is exciting because it's the part of the garden I am MOST anxiously waiting for! Love fresh tomatoes and can't wait to pick my own.


And finally - HELP! Our basil has a fungus or bugs! Some of the leaves are barely there anymore... should I post a picture? Can anyone help diagnose? GRR! I was pretty interested in making basil. Maybe I can find some organic pesticide type stuff... ???



No comments:

Post a Comment