Sunday, November 27, 2011

35 days

35 days CHOCOLATE FREE!

Someone should give me an award for this achievement. Monumental if you ask me, the person who used to eat more chocolate servings in a day than fruit/veggie servings. I have overcome, or are starting to overcome my chocolate addiction. Yea, let's admit it - it's just the beginning. Early stages.

But today I do NOT crave chocolate! Which is huge. Serious.

Not only did I give up chocolate - which is all I set out to do- I've also begun eating healthier. Strive for Five (heard this from a speaker at MOPS), eating 3 veggie and 2 fruit servings a day. I'm doing portion control; a.k.a not eating more than a serving of any food, over eating my carbs no more. It's a little crazy. I don't snack anymore unless it fulfills my veggie/fruit servings. Or the occasional serving of popcorn OR a glass a wine after the kiddos are in bed!

So I am aiming to be a better food role model to my children. And am starting to feel like a much healthier version of me. It's really good. Plus the loss of over 1 pants size is pretty sweet too... though I didn't plan on it.

It's truly amazing how much better I feel!

It was tough to skip halloween candy (the first holiday I didn't eat snacks, chocolate or candy), but I've allowed myself 1 treat a week. I made it to Thanksgiving with hardly any qualms - and survived the meal! Enjoyed a delicious serving of carrot cake and 2 cookies the next day! And we're back to eating well after that splurge of a meal. Even then I managed to eat pretty well - emphasis on the veggies, lighter on the carbs.

No regrets over what I have eaten in the last 35 days!

So here's to making it until Christmas. I'll re-evalute the no chocolate thing at Christmas... and decide if I'm ready for the responsibilities of not over eating chocolate again. But no rush - I'm enjoying eating healthier, more responsibly.

Good luck to all of you this holiday season of over eating. I'll not be over indulging and plan to not need a New Year's Resolution of losing weight or getting in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment